So many random things that I haven't written about yet, and I will try to catch up on them all here.
- A week ago Saturday while we were at Flaming Gorge H felt the baby from the outside! I was climbing up a super steep hill from the lake and stopped at the top to catch my breath when the baby started going crazy- I felt a whole bunch of fast pops right below my belly button and called H over. He got there in time to feel the last one or two before baby quieted back down. I've felt him from the outside twice since then, but H hasn't, and it has been much softer than that first time. It was pretty cool to see H's face though... :)
- Last Thursday I had my first 'stranger' comment. Someone who didn't know me asked when I was due, and it was nice to finally feel like I'm actually 'showing' and not just looking like I've been hitting the Oreos too much!
- Last Saturday was an event in Lehi, it was lots of fun and my fabulous hubby received a long awaited award! He is such an amazing man and it makes me happy to see other people realize it too.
- We finally sat down and made a game plan for getting projects done around the house. We've made up a calendar and actually scheduled and budgeted all of the things we want to get done before January. I will admit that my stress level was rising considerably because it seemed like we kept adding to the list and never getting anything crossed off of it. If we can stick to this schedule we will have all of the major work done by the begining of Dec., so hopefully that will allow us a little leeway in case something comes up. It is an aggressive schedule, but totally do-able...
- I had an online friend deliver her baby two weeks ago at 20 weeks. Tuesday I read an online article about a woman in England who delivered at 21w3d and she is now fighting to change the legislation there after Drs refused to help her son since he was a few days under their 'viability cutoff'. Between the two I am about ready to stop going on-line! My fear of miscarriage is being replaced with my fear of an early delivery. Statistically once he hits 24 weeks then it is more likely he would survive than not, but everyday I keep telling him to stay inside and cook a little longer. Although most likely I will really regret saying that since he will probably come late now!
- We are registered for our birthing classes, and I'm registered for my breastfeeding class. The birthing class is four weeks long, two hours a week and we start that in a little over 3 weeks. The bf class will just be one afternoon in late Oct.
- I made my first project for the nursery! I went and got scrapbook paper and modgepodge and did these pieced paper animals.
They turned out adorable! Each one is 18x18, but I think I am going to frame them to 20x20 since the ceilings are so high in there. After spending forever trying to find just the perfect fabric we've decided to do just solid, polkadot and striped fabrics in pale blues, greens and turquoise colors and have all the 'theme' be in the decor. That will make it much easier to update as he gets older and develops his own style.
Well, I guess that is everything for now. Love to you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment