It's a different perspective to read, study and 'know' something vs. experiencing it!
On all of the fertility drugs I experienced a lot of the side effects- my Dr. used to say it was all of the side effects with none of the end result. So going into this I understood some of what I'd experience, I'd been feeling it for years now! What I hadn't felt before I knew was coming, between all of the websites, books, news reports, etc. that I've studied over the past few years I felt pretty sure I 'knew' what to expect.
But there are somethings I hadn't felt on the drugs or really understood from just reading...
Exhaustion. Not just tired, crazy, just ran a marathon type exhaustion.
Unbelievable thirst. Downing 7 liters of water and still feeling dry kind of thirst.
Peeing. Peeing. Peeing some more. And still needing to pee.
The ability to go from complete food aversion to 'feed-me-right-this-second-or-die' starving. In a minute and a half!
Last week was a little rough from a morning sickness standpoint. Pretty much everytime I ate, didn't eat or moved I felt like I was going to hurl. Friday I felt really good. Which of course freaked me out! But right after lunch I got feeling yucky again (which made me feel sooo much better!).
I learned what sounds and tastes good is not always what stays down, and sometimes things that don't sound at all appealing settle best. I learned that this baby *really, really* likes chicken, but isn't so much a fan of ranch dressing (boo, hiss!). I'm still learning to take things a little slower or risk the wrath of nausea. And I gained a new appreciation for just how wonderful my friends and family are! All of your support, prayers and kind words are greatly appreciated!
Love you all....
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YAY for feeling like crap!
ReplyDelete